For treatment of psittacosis/ornithosis (caused by chlamydia psittaci) and other susceptible bacterial diseases in caged and aviary birds and pigeons by drinking water medication.
Ingredients (Guaranteed Analysis) :
Doxycycline HCL 4%
– Parrots : 4 g in 400 mL drinking water
– Pigeons : 4 g in 800 mL drinking water
– Do not treat during cold wet conditions (birds drink very little).
– Use glass, stainless steel, or glazed pottery water drinkers (do not use terracotta, plastic, or galvanized metal)
– Do not place medicated water in direct sunlight.
– Shade or shelter containers.
– Replenish water in the evenings, not mornings. This allows birds access to active medication before roosting and at first light.
– Psittavet may be made up and stored in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
– Do not mix other chemicals with Psittavet – it is a fragile chemical.
– Appropriate precautions should be be used when handling birds with psittacosis.
* Disclaimer: Not for animals intended for human consumption *