Anise Oil is derived from the perennial herbal plant, Anise or Aniseed. Pigeons are attracted to the sweet spicy aroma of Anise oil, which is often put on the food or grit to increase appetite and trapping success in racing lofts. This oil can also be used to help settle or re-settle birds in new lofts or boxes.But Anise Oil is so much more than a trapping or re-settling oil!
Anise oil has an impressive list of benefits for our pigeons;
- Promotes digestive health
- Increases libido
- Helps to eliminate congestion in the respiratory tract
- Acts as a insecticide in the feed
- Helps to treat and prevent intestinal worms
- Displays potent antioxidant action
- Has antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Boosts the metabolism and nervous system
- Acts as a pain reliever for muscle pains and cramps
- Has a calming effect
While inexpensive and often overlooked, Anise Oil contains massive benefits for our pigeons and should be in every fanciers arsenal!